Friday, September 4, 2009

Sandra's Island Story

In between all my own fun house decorating projects, I managed to help my best friend Sandra with one of hers! Sandra has a beautiful kitchen, but it just isn't big enough for a table. We all know how everyone likes to hang out in the kitchen, so this was not her favorite feature about her new gorgeous home.


I love to scour Craigslist for inexpensive treasures and I happened upon this cutie for only $150 beans. I convinced her it would be the perfect size, provide some much needed seating and also some precious counter space.



It is hard to tell from the photos, but this cutie-patootie island needed a little lovin'. One afternoon I swooped in and helped my BFF. We sanded, sanded and sanded some more. Then, we painted the legs a fresh coat of ivory to match her cabinets. Last, we treated the top with butcher block oil. Oh, I can't forget about the stools. We spray-painted them black to coordinate with her lovely black granite countertops and to let those gorgeous turned legs on the island get all the attention they deserve.

KITCHEN BEFORE:


KITCHEN AFTER:


Isn't it the cutest? If it wasn't all wood and splintery, I could eat it up. Oh, and most important – Sandra couldn't be happier. Now her guests have the perfect place to rest their toosh while she does her thang in the kitchen. Mission accomplished!

No comments: